Friday, May 14, 2010

Flavors Above

Do you ever wonder what seemingly unreachable objects might taste like? For instance, have you ever looked at a cloud and thought, "I wonder if it has a flavor... If it did, maybe it'd taste like sugar or milk... Maybe?" I know I have. Sometimes when I look at the sky I wonder what the moon would taste like, or even the sun. Of course I know that the moon would probably taste like rocks and dust, and the sun would incinerate your body before you were even close enough to sample its flavor, which would most likely be fire... If fire can indeed be a flavor. However, in my mind, the sun and moon are allowed to have their own delicious flavors, and we would be able to taste them accordingly.

The other night, I was beyond tired, and when I am beyond tired my brain decides that it wants to wander in strange and unusual places. Hence the topic of this blog. I was talking to a friend around 2:30am, which was really 3:30am in my true home, Michigan. We were both not in our right minds, for again, I was beyond tired which in turn makes me very loopy, and my friend was drunk and tired. Considering the circumstances, I felt that we were in an equal state of being, and therefore felt it completely appropriate to bring up this concerning topic. What would the moon and sun taste like, if they were to have a flavor? My friend came to the conclusion that the sun would taste like lemonade. This is a very acceptable conclusion, for the sun does make you think of summer, and what better drink to represent summer than lemonade? I completely agree with this statement. For the moon, he said that it would most likely have a minty flavor. Again, this makes complete sense to me, for at night it's usually crisp and cool, and what better way to describe "crisp and cool" than "mint"? I think it's perfect. If the sun and moon were to have their own flavors, the sun would taste like lemonade and the moon would taste like mint.

However, after these satisfying answers were presented to me, I started to think... If the moon is minty, exactly what kind of mint would it taste like? Would the moon be spearmint or would it be winterfresh? Maybe the moon would taste like peppermint... What if the range of mint would change throughout the seasons, so in the winter it'd be ice blue mint, and in the spring it'd be spearmint? This is very unsettling, for I would really like some closure on this topic. Furthermore, the sun would in fact taste like lemonade if it were to have a flavor, but would it be regular lemonade or would it be strawberry lemonade? Perhaps it is neither, and would be raspberry lemonade? Maybe it's even half and half, iced tea and lemonade! But then would the iced tea half be sweetened or unsweetened? This is definitely something to consider. All of these things are very important, considering the fact that we are giving the sun and the moon more distinct identities. We can't just leave them with vague identities, for then there is no closure as to what they actually are!


Though the sun and the moon are not fully developed in their flavor-identities, I have decided that the stars would have a fruity-minty flavor. You know the interesting fruity-minty gum you can buy in the check-out isle at usually any grocery store? Berry-mint or tropical-mint and such? That is what the stars would taste like. It doesn't matter if the stars are not distinct in their minty-fruity flavors, for there are so many stars, that in can vary from star to star.

If the sky were to have a flavor, it would definitely depend on how cloudy or clear it appears. If the sky were complete gloomy and white, it would probably taste like milk or plain mochi. However, if it were to be clear blue, it would definitely taste like blueberry lemonade. The cloudier it is, the more it would taste like a smoothie, and eventually a blueberry milkshake. Do you see where I'm coming from? I feel like I can accept the flavors of the stars and the sky, but I still have two big problems. The sun and the moon need closure. This is where you guys come in. If the sun tastes like lemonade, and the moon is minty, can you expand on this and give them a proper identity? I would deeply appreciate the help.

We can do this! It's up to us to fight this identity crisis! I believe in you guys!

No comments: